View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3267
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That's great! What do you mean when you say you never got into boost? Does that mean the wastegates, or blow off valves or...... are those open or something? Sucks your so close and have to leave on another "hitch". Seems to be in excellent hands though! Congrats!
With forced induction, if you limit the throttle position, then you don't create boost...

As an example... To go fast, with any car... you have to open the throttle blades to allow more air in the motor... by limiting the throttle position to calm easy driving, I never create enough exhaust pressure/velocity, to spin the turbos fast enough to create boost... I can out run most cars without ever getting into boost, and when I hammer on it... well.... there are a few fast cars that can outrun a forced induction car, but most of them also have forced induction in one form or another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Another clutch convert is born. I know everyone wants to save money on the clutch, and the Slayer unit from Thomas is expensive but it's worth EVERY penny in a supercharged car.
Absolutely every penny..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
tkrupinski also got one of those Street Slayer clutches and he says it is amazing... well worth the expense.
I have to strongly agree...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote