View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #87
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Whatever wheel size they use, I can pretty much gaurentee you that the overall diameter will be the same as it is on other Camaros. Any lowering that they do (if they do any) will be in the suspension itself, not the wheel & tire.

Why? Well, they'd have to do suspension work if they're building the Z28 we want them to. So since they're already in there mucking around with the spring rates and damping ratio, it would barely cost them anything to spec it for a lower ride height.

Assuming of course that they plan on lowering the ride height. Lowering it affects not only the handling, but also how steep of a curb or driveway you can go up. It also requires a re-do of the crash tests. Will it change these things my much? No. But GM would need to spend the time and money proving that it won't change things by much if they make it ride lower than the ZL1. Just a lotta hassle for not much gain if you ask me.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote