View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingray68 View Post
Hey Codeman, why dosen't my mp3 player work with this car? its not an ipod or a zune, I got it from over seas its really a good mp3 player but it isnt working in the car.please help I need my music!! Thanks Ray
Racingray, the PDIM was designed to operate with a lot of devices, but unfortunately, not every MP3 player operates quite the same. For the MP3 player to be compatable, it has to support PlaysForSure. Even with that, not all PlaysForSure devices will work. Only ones that support PlayFromDevice will allow the car to play music over the USB cable. Even with them supporting PlayFromDevice, not all of those players will allow DRM'd content to be played over the USB cable. Sorry that I can't be more help, it just really depends on the MP3 player and how it was designed.

I would recommend using a USB thumb drive to play your music. They are really inexpensive these days and you'll get the same experience using that as you would using your MP3 player. Then you can just leave the drive in the car and not have to worry about carrying it with you.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote