View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #117
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'd seen this thread before, but hadn't paid much attention until I saw pictures of several installs and it looks really great! I'm all for DIY, but when it comes to cutting anything, I leave it to the machine as it does a way better job than I could, and I just don't have the time to sit down and cut something like his out by hand.

I drew up the original template from the OP, but thought to myself that it might look pretty cool with some Chevy bowties in the centers, so I went ahead and added that too. Slotted the hole for side to side adjustment. I also added little notches on the tab for bend location.

Waterjet cut these out of some .040" stainless steel scrap I had handy. I can't wait to get them installed and see what they look like! I'm hoping the bowtie doesn't let too much light through and get blurred out at night.

After reading through the thread, I think that I won't paint the exposed side black as that may make the lens look too dark IMO, but hard to say. I think I will paint the outside some kind of dark red/maroon color.

I hate to make money off someone elses idea, but with the OP's permission (sounds like someone else already got it?), I could sell these to those interested that don't have the time or tools to cut these out themselves... Much cheaper than the prices I've seen that some of you are willing to pay. Obviously I can't "sell" the afterburner pieces with the Chevy bowtie in them for legality issues, and due to site rules as they are not GM licensed.

Will post pics once I get them installed. Hopefully tomorrow if I'm lucky and can find enough time.
Attached Images

Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote