View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #98
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Great information passed here! Thank you guys, I learned alot. I had always figured that throwing a front and rear sway bar would do the job and never even knew about the importance of sub frame bushes. I have no experience in suspension and can relate to JP in his desired feel for a more "spirited" drive on the streets. Glad to hear you got what you were hoping for without any extra hassle thanks to the guys at Pedders being true experts.

I was curious what else could be done to maximize the potential of the Camaro's handling, braking and overall feel of confidence without dropping the ride height with lowering coils or coilovers?

I do enjoy every minute of the ride in this car after trading in a Japanese hatchback I had a year ago for it, don't get me wrong haha. There is a road by where I live and work that has a descent amount of adverse camber that is particularly noticeable at 10-15 MPH over the limit for the turn. This was really noticeable in the older hatchback's anemic stock suspension but not as much so in the Camaro. The rolling of the body though still provides a puckering experience haha.

Another quick question, after the modifications have been made to the suspension of the vehicle, are there any anticipated effects we can expect in regards to the wear of the tire when compared to the stock suspension setup?

Thanks!

-Will
Will,

Start small. Do the Solution A front Bar and the EP1200 inserts. You may find you are just like Jean Pierre and satisfied right there.

Another quick question, after the modifications have been made to the suspension of the vehicle, are there any anticipated effects we can expect in regards to the wear of the tire when compared to the stock suspension setup?

Great question.

We have NOT done any testing on this, but I will speculate it would be negligible. In THEORY reducing body roll and rear end step out should reduce the amount of tire scrub and squirm leading to improved tire life. It would be incremental if at all and hard to quantify because my guess is the Camaro will be driven harder since it feels better. On the other side of the question we can say with some degree of authority that these modifications by themselves will not wear out your tires faster or decrease tire life.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote