View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
The Camaro SS or Corvette 1lt?

Alright guys,....I need opinions. The Camaro SS was my very first car, it's amazing and has head turning appeal, but I just hate that it's so heavy. I'm in love with all 5th gens, but every since I got into reading about different performance cars, I've also fell in love with Corvettes! Omg, I swear, I love these cars! The Corvette weighs in at 3,222 pounds,.....that' incredibly light; lighter than a GT500, GTR, and many other great cars. Yet the Camaro with all of it's power and head-turning looks, weighs in at 3,913 pounds for the L99 and 3800+ for the manual. Love the car but that's not good news for me. I don't like it being so heavy, especially considering there are lighter cars out there that probably can beat you with a couple of mods.

I love both cars, but I'm seriously considering trading in my SS (which the dealer said they'll give me 4,000 over what I paid for it because of it's condition), to get a corvette 1lt. I just want the lighter weight, handling and the engine. I want the dual-mode exhaust, and the raw power. Now many of my friends say I should just be happy with with I have but others are saying if I truly want the Corvette for all it's performance and sleek looks, get it! I mean, I have excellent credit! I'm in the 800's!!

Others are telling me, sure, the Corvette is ultra light and faster than 98 percent of the cars you'll encounter on the road, but you can spend that money you were going to drop on the Corvette on some mods for your Camaro, like Fastlane-Performance's turbo package. For $9,000.00 (labor included), you get 580 rwhp. I dunno, should I just spend the money on getting a Vett and getting a decent note or just drop it on the turbo kit.

I'm wondering would 580rwhp be enough to overcome a grand sport vett in a race? Who'd leave who behind?

I'm not trying to be king of the road, that's impossible, but what I ultimately want is a car that's extremely fast, responds well to mods, looks good, and will take down most competition. I'm kinda in it for the power.....
Oh and you know I'll be getting the manual this time around....
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote