View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
juicy ss

Drives: 1999 HOSS Conv & 2010 IOM SS
JUICY II is on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Picked it up today. It was a great delivery from my favourite dealer due to my old boss running the place now, ROY FOSS CHEVROLET who by the way has over 40 people on their list of SOLD orders already. Here is what went down. Being #2 on their list my car was built 2 15 days after the scheduled build date. They kept me informed the whole way through till GM refused to supply detailed info. Their car # 1 was also held back. Car #3 was a base V6 that ended up being their first car delivered. Well I was constantly barking at GM customer service, spoke to the zone rep many times and all of a sudden they get an invoice and then the interest started being charged by GM for my car. Then 2 weeks later the car shows up after being shipped accidently without the proper clearance from quality control. The a pillar cover on the front pasenger side was missing and the airbag was visible. It looked like it was removed due to some quality issure. so since the car was shipped GM could not take the car back so the process started where a gm rep came in and did a final quality inspection and arranged for the missing part to be taken from the assembly line and shipped to the dealership and then put on and re-inspected. Yesterday the car was ok'ed for final delivery and i picked her up. now the stripes arrived at teh dealership but no ground effects or car cover. i was told the car cover will take a long time because of the gm bankruptcy and that the material dye can stain the paint by somebody so it's best to skip that on the order I think. I think tommorow I'm gonna get the stripes put on. The car is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! the attention I got driving it I had to make sure i put on at least 100 Km first day!!!!!! The blind spots take getting used to but i love the car. INFERNO ORANGE ON INFERNO ORANGE with the accent package and evry option except sunroof. I may not put the ground effects for a while but for sure its gonna get painted before installation. After the long long wait and cnstant waiting and then the GM owner loyalty credit of $1000.00 that came out Monday made it all worth it!!! Cashed in the GM points and off I went!!!!For now i'm using one of my dealer plates to drive it so i can avoid extra insurance costs and no front plate!!!
JUICY II IS FINALLY HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! NOT for sale for a long time. It would take BIG BUCK$$$$$ to make me let go of her now!!!!! It's my personal perk to myself for my new dealership and I also decided to order a BUMBLE BEE EDITION!!!!! I will let my brothers enjoy that one!!!!Now the ZR1 wait begins!!!!!
juicy ss is offline   Reply With Quote