View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #13
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I used a uhaul trailer just this month. Make sure you get the xtra wide trailer or cars don't fit. It doesn't mention that when you do an online reservation. Came with the tire web tie downs. Pulled behind my dodge 2500 and had no issues. Had to put 2x10 under the front tires tho as I am lowered 1.5 inches. If not I would have ripped off the rubber deflector on the front. Also had to use the angle of the drive way to make the angle of the ramps less steep. Other than that, piece of cake.
Thanks for the info. That is good to hear. Can you explain the 2x10 a little more. Do you mean plywood that is 2" thick and 10" long? Also was there any room left to strap down other stuff to the deck of the trailer? I will have my 4 stock rims and tires, stock coilovers, and stock sway bars. Do you think there will be room for me to strap that stuff down too?
2012 2SS/RS, Magna TVS2300, RX Catch Can, Borla S-Type, Pfadt Stage 4 w/ ZL Spec Sway Bars, ADM Custom Boost/AFR Gauges, Hurst Short Throw, Forgestar F14 Matte Black 20x11 & 20x9.5 Deep Concave all 4, Nitto Invo 315/35 & 275/40, Heritage Grill, Sparks Black Grill SS & Trunk SS, P13W Fog Lights (cool white) w/ DRL Harness, Blacked Out Brake light bezels, Xpel Smoke Light Kit
JHall651 is offline   Reply With Quote