View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Midnight Silver Paint Not Available...

Hey All,
I know it has been previously discovered by a Camaro5 member that the paint code for the RS "Midnight Silver" wheels is WA-263M, and the paint is produced by "Spraylat". If anyone has tried, it is also well-known that the dealerships do not have, nor can they get, this touch-up paint. Well, I tried my best to get some of this paint from Spraylat....not gonna happen!!! Here is the response I received from them. Sounds like there is a possibility that maybe some National Wheel "fix-it" company may be trying to get the color, but that could take several months. For now, it looks like the only way to get those curb rashes fixed is to hope a local paint shop can match the paint closely. Just wanted to share the below response with ya'll.

To all Camaro Owners:

Yes, you have successfully tracked back the paint on your Wheels to Spraylat Corp. Good investigation work.
Spraylat supplies this Midnight Silver (WA-263M) paint out of our Shanghai China plant to the GM Wheel supplier based in China.
Yes, your wheel comes from China. You shouldn't be surprised, most of the parts on your American Muscle Car comes from outside of the US.

Regardless, of this we cannot unfortunately supply 'touch-up' or repair paint out of the Spraylat facility. Since we manufacture solely for OEM parts suppliers our minimum batch size capability is 100 Gallons and would also be imported from China. That's alot of touch-up.

We have a few interested Wheel Fix-it type National repair facilities that are now looking to be our authorized facility for this color. Only the large national chains would be able to meet our minimum orders and support this effort. I'll keep you posted if any agreement gets finalized.

Keep in mind, that most of the time any paint gets damaged on your vehicle, you rarely get the original paint supplier supplying the material for your repair. It's normally, aftermarket companies that will keep up with all the new colors and supply these smaller amounts into the repair auto body shops. Unfortunately there's not as much volume (sales) matching wheel colors so this market is usually slower to respond to new colors, especially ones like the Midnight Silver that is technically very difficult to match properly.

Good luck with your search.

Tim D.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote