View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #39
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
I have Kooks LTs, a Magnacharger S/C, a Roto-Fab CAI, and a tune (561 RWHP). Before I did any mods I had "a warranty conversation" with my dealership's service manager.

I anticipated and agreed that they will not warranty any failure that is directly related to my mods. However, he did tell me that they will be reasonable in that assessment and many common warranty issues will most likely be covered. In other words, if my power window fails, it will be repaired, but if I come in with a sheared transmission output shaft, or smoked clutch...well I got his point.

Last august, I had a significant oil leak near the rear of my engine; around the oil filter housing and oil cooler lines. When I dropped my car off at the service dept, I was concerned that someone might inadvertently reflash my tune back to stock, so I hung a large sign on the rear view mirror that read: "Custom Calibration Do Not Reflash".

They fixed the leak under warranty without hesitation and left my tune intact. In fact, they had to remove one of the Kooks headers to access the leak. H*ll! They even offered me a loaner car, but I didn't need it.
Alfie
what dealership do you go to. i might go there if i ever need to. they seem fair.
thanks
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote