View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #746
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Got the Ozmo carbon fiber intake installed over this past week. We ran into a couple issues, but nothing big. The intake tube needed to be modified a tad because the TB sticks out a little further than stock; nothing a little welding cant help! We also switched from the red aeromotive fuel rails to polished fuel rails for a cleaner look.

I was able to do a lot myself, taking off the intake, swapping injectors, and reconnecting the fuel rails and system up.

All I can say about the intake is.....wow! looks freaking awesome in my engine bay!

Once I get some time, the heads will be coming off as well as the valley cover, so I can polish them to a shine to match the runners!

Here's a couple pictures of the install and what it looks like right now.

Removing the stock intake manifold

Modifiying the intake pipe

Finished product.....sorta!

From the last picture, a small part of the tube is hitting the hood. I will be taking off a little more of the intake tube on the bottom so hopefully it won't rub anymore. I will also be taking off the intake tube, removing the powercoating, and polishing it myself for a cleaner look.
Damn that shit looks shexy!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote