View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
larietrope

Drives: 1970 Boss 302
misgivings on the Camaro

I ordered on October 13. Seven months ago I didn't foresee G.M. stock at 1.12 a share. I didn't know there would be a shroud of mystery in putting the car in the hands of it's customers when G.M. desperately needs to be selling vehicles. I didn't know G.M. would only be selling 27% of production.
The hype that this would be the best built Camaro yet remains to be seen. Issues have surfaced and interested if dealers are equipped with parts and knowledge to get them back on the road or if customers will experience "down time."
Having driven one, (not mine) I did not know the limited vision out of the car would be as big a factor as it is.
Yes, the diehards will dispute all the negatives and pretend those of us who are disappointed need to drive a tractor trailer.
I have a family and safety is a priority. I drove the V-6 Malibu with 262 H.P. and was very impressed. It had plenty of power and view of the road.
I may yet buy the Camaro if it ever comes in, but I'm not as excited as I once was about the car.
I believe the bankrupcy is having some effect on Camaro delivery because it just doesn't make any business sense that a car so popular and so needed to be sold is not in the hands of dealers.
My local dealer had to cancel a debut planned this weekend because the car is not going to arrive as promised.
Not good business.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote