View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Keep or Delete Resonators?

So I've had the MRT v2's on my 2013 LFX for several thousand miles now, and I'm getting tired of the drone while cruising on the highway. The mufflers are just clamped for now (wanted to make sure I liked them before welding). I'm going to be getting them welded soon but I'm going to buy the Magnaflow resonated X pipe first and have that welded in at the same time to help get rid of the drone. It's my understanding that the x-pipe replaces the h-pipe (makes sense), but my question is about the stock resonators. I've read conflicting things on here. Should I delete the stock resonators or leave them intact? With the MRT v2 and resonated x-pipe combo, what should I do? I'm after loud, deep sound without the drone/rasp. What are the advantages/disadvantages of deleting the stock resonators? Thanks in advance!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote