View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
Yes and he said the gains were 20lbs torque & 13 HP ............I was thinking if he is getting those gains with more restrictive & Much milder sounding Flowmaster mufflers we should be getting even better gains with our MRT system with small less restrictive Aero resonators!

And now you showed that we do.......
Thanks for posting that.

So, our gain @ 5500 RPM is app. 20HP____What is our torque gain @ the RPM he is using for his gain ?

BTW...Was that dyno of your MRT #1 or #2 system ?
Did you do a dyno of the two systems, if so what was it torque & HP difference ?

Thing is there are way to many variables to say the Flowmaster seen more gains... Just repositioning a car on the dyno can really affect the numbers. SAE correction tries to equalize things for changes in the weather but it's not perfect... During my 100% stock baseline dyno session my HP # varied from 241 to 248.... All of my comparison dyno sheets use the 248 run but I could have easily picked the 241 sheet to show more of gain...

So really dyno numbers are just a good ballpark number... I know that dyno numbers are not precise... they give me a good idea if a mod is helping... I then head to the track to see if I can see an improvement there! So dyno tested and track proven! LOL!

Ok... here's the Ver 1.0 vs 2.0 dyno sheet... Ver 2.0 actually shows that it made MORE HP/TQ than ver 1.0!

Now I don't think Ver 2.0 made more than Ver 1.0... I think they are basically identical when it comes to HP/TQ gain... After I dynoed Ver. 2.0 I went straight to the track and ran a 14.33 vs the 14.32 I got with Ver 1.0 (similar weather conditions...)

That is why I don't get really all that hung up on dyno numbers...

But if a manufacturer claims 20 RWHP gain, I better see SOME THING on the dyno! And then of course I head to the track and try to back it up there too! It maybe cliche but... dyno tested and track proven!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote