View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
surferbarney

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1999 Mustang
IOM back from the paint shop with stripes!!!

So I was able to pick up my car late this afternoon. I love the way the stripes turned out. I took some dimensions from another thread and made some slight modifications. The back has a 7" wide gap, and the outside edges of the pinstripes are 1/2" from the edge of the trunk, with a 1/4" pinstripe and 1/4" gap between pinstripe and main stripe. I believe that resulted in a stripe width of a little less than 16". The hood stripes also have a constant 7" gap between them and their width started out about .5" less than the trunk stripes. Instead of going with a slight taper like most people and for the most part having the stripes go pretty straight, I decided I wanted the stripes to follow the lines of the hood with the stripes. The stripes are black with silver metal flake, you can't really tell in the pics but up close it looks awesome, much better than plain black, it goes really well with the flakes in the IOM. I think it looks really good, hope you guys like it.

These pics were taken with my iphone so I'll post more when I get better ones. Some of them aren't the best because of the reflections.

Update 6/13/09:

I got 20% tint on all windows except windshield today (getting windshield done after cops certify the rest of the windows). I've got some updated high quality photos of the stripes and the tint. The new pictures are the larger ones at the bottom, there are a lot, and they don't look as orange as my iphone pics.
Attached Images

GFX Package
Pre-Ordered 1/19/09
2000 4/9/09
3000 4/24/09
3300 5/4/09
3400 5/9/09
3800 5/15/09
Delivered 6/2/09!!!!!

VIN 2G1FT1EWXA9110199

Last edited by surferbarney; 06-13-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: high quality pics of stripes plus tint
surferbarney is offline   Reply With Quote