View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
When the outside of the bushings are flush with the ends of the ferule how big is the gap i the middle?
There's like a 1/16''-1/8''gap Between the bushings inside once inserted/pressed in, bushings were flush with ferule.
Here's some more pics of the knuckle bushings and pins, the last 3 pics of bushing and pin are dry wiped.
The side of the pin that had the most pressure applied is just worn not as rusted as the other side of the pin. I'm really getting tired of these poly bushings, would the Delron bushings be better or not have enough movement (too hard)? I assume ALL the bushings should be replaced, control arms etc., in order for everything to work correctly?
I also installed these almost a year and the half ago, no lube except the energy suspension pre-lube, on the knuckle bushings only never lubed after that. The rest were lubed regularly.
I really miss my solid axles! IRS, IMO suck for drag racing, great for handling, and I like that, I just have to redo the whole rear suspension, make it strong as possible, the HammerHead is going in next w/4.11's, I guess I'll do it when I install that, it will need it with a lot more torque on the suspension from the lower gears.
Attached Images

SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.

Last edited by 10 2SS/RS 6M; 10-01-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added more info
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote