View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
DJ A

Drives: Cammed 2010 SS
Project Ally - Cammed 2010 2SS/RS LS3

So the story goes...
Ever since my freshman year in high school I wanted a Camaro. My freshman year was when they first came out and I fell in love with how they looked, they were just so sexy! Fast forward a couple years later to summer of 2013, I was 17 and had some cash saved up. I went out of town looking for cars thinking there was no way I was getting a Camaro because I didn't have enough saved up but to my surprise I found one at a steal! I stumbled upon an IBM 2011 Camaro SS Auto (I wanted a manual but I was too excited to even care at the time) for $13,000! Yes $13,000! BUT here's the catch, it was a Salvage title car due to it being wrecked in the front. I wasn't too worried about it because my dad is a mechanic and the car started right up and sounded fine engine-wise. So I brought my baby home and worked on her all summer then in August 2013 I finally got her registered! My best friend ended up naming her Cami haha. Anyways, I had a fun 8 months or so with Cami until I finally decided to sell her I mean I finally had the car that I had been dreaming of having right? So why sel it you ask? Well like I mentioned above, I really wanted a manual so that's what I went to go get. After a few weeks or so being car-less, in March 2014 I ran into a Black 2010 Camaro SS with 32k miles. I couldn't pass this up, she was exactly what I was looking for, A fully loaded 2SS/RS manual in the color I originally wanted! You could say I had found my dream car A lot has happened since March so now enough of me blabbering to you guys. I present to you Ally.....The Monster

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  176.5 KB

Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 824
Size:  141.1 KB

And here's a picture of my first love, Cami

Name:  photo (11).JPG
Views: 646
Size:  147.8 KB

So far to date this is what I have done to Ally

Performance:
- TSP 231/236 Cam
- Dynatech 1 7/8" LT Headers
- Dynatech Cat Delete
- CAI Intake
- BMR 1.4" Drop Springs
- Magnaflow Street Series Axleback
- Tune by Ivan @ Southwest Speed
- 450rwhp & 425ft/lbs torque

Exterior:
- Heritage Grill
- Oracle Concept Sidemarkers
- Tail light tint
- Debadged
- Plasti-dipped wheels
- Matte Black trunk panel
- Some other stuff I'm missing

Interior:
- ZL1 Suede Shift Knob & Boot
- Leather Wrapped Door/Dash Trim
- Yup that's pretty much it....

First mod was tinted taillights/sidemarkers and CF vinyl on the bowtie.

Name:  photo (12).JPG
Views: 605
Size:  106.4 KB

Name:  photo (13).JPG
Views: 506
Size:  110.6 KB

Up next was "6.2L" matte black emblems on the hood, Oracle sidemarkers in matte black, and Plasti-Dipped the wheels

Name:  photo (14).JPG
Views: 633
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  photo (15).JPG
Views: 584
Size:  103.2 KB

After Semi-murdering the car, I wanted Ally to have a more aggressive stance so I installed some 1.4" BMR Drop Springs

Name:  photo (16).JPG
Views: 580
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  photo (17).JPG
Views: 570
Size:  117.6 KB

Then I threw on a ZL1 Grille along with a Monster sticker because let's face it, Ally was turning into a Monster! A few months after I changed out the ZL1 Grille for a Heritage Grille. The Monster sticker is probably one of my favorite mods done to the car because it kind of sets off the car and it's kind of like a signature to my car.

Name:  photo (18).JPG
Views: 601
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  photo (19).JPG
Views: 643
Size:  99.8 KB

At this point I decided I wanted more power out of the car so I added a CAI Intake, 1 7/8" Dynatech Longtubes w/out cats, X-pipe, and a TSP cam. Everything done to the car has been done by yours truly The rest of the build starts off with my Cam swap so enjoy!

Last edited by DJ A; 12-26-2014 at 02:53 PM.
DJ A is offline   Reply With Quote