View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Haha... good stuff. Here's another one, If you are in the military, don't expect to play that card and get out of a ticket. I had a sheriff get me in PA. Even looked at my military ID. I admit, I was speeding, and he got me for 74 in a 55 at the bottom of a big mountain where he was sitting. Traffic was light and I wasn't trying to race or anything, just driving fast at a speed that I though was reasonable. To top it off, All the charges didn't add up to the amount listed on the ticket. I wrote a nasty letter explaining this and included it with the full incorrect amount that he listed ($10 more than the fees added up to), and got a $20 check in the mail from the judge magistrate. I guess you can call it karma. On the other hand, I think the U.S. army sticker I had on my Camaro helped me out once. I came out of a parking lot sideways at Salisbury beach, MA (Hey I was 19 and acting like a total idiot. Lesson learned.), and got stopped by a cop on foot. He took a look at my license and registration, looked at the sticker in the window and my dog tags hanging in the mirror, and told me to stop driving like an idiot and let me go. I guess it goes both ways. Usually if you aren't near a base or anything, the cops are much more polite, as long as you weren't being totally stupid. Near a base, they are so used to seeing military that there's little chance of getting even a warning. If you get pulled, you hhave about a 99% chance getting a ticket.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote