Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #19
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie13 View Post
Father Time,

NO doubt about it there were some major hurdles that were overcome to pull off a hell of a good time

However,

This is NOT a complain thread Sir. No matter how much time and energy is spent on time for an event, there is always room for critique and constructive criticism. That is how we learn. I tried not to make it to "Military" (Sorry been in the Army for 20 years now), but EVERYTHING should have an AAR. [After Action Review]

You as 'Father Time,' should know that.

This is a place to collectively provide valuable thoughts and comments for the event organizers to ponder on and discuss on their own accord to improve and continue their passion for putting on a hell-of-a-good-time.

Best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I was not referring to you. You were a great help along the way. Junkie was to contact them but when i spoke with someone who spoke to the manager about a week prior, he siad they had no idea whatever, it went over GREAT and Summit was totally prepared!

Ummm... what he said. No one is "complaining". Constructive criticism... maybe. Suggestion for improvement... absolutly. How else can things get better and bugs get worked out? Did GTA do a good job... hell no he didnt... he did an OUTSTANDING JOB! I think the weekend was great with no major glitches BUT there is ALWAYS room for improvement. Now that we have one under our belts we can learn from it.

As I said before... you will NEVER please everyone. If you move it way out west, you will lose the easterners. This is where it started, in GA... this is where it should stay.

I think when it comes to C5FII, there should be a poll and ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE AT LEAST 75% LIKELY to go. I bet you will see that SGMP will win. People like comfort. Now that they have been there, they are comfortable with the area... they know where the food is, the car washes, hell... I know where the mall and Old Navy is... Its just easier to keep it at the same spot.

This is coming from someone in Ohio so I had to travel also but that was half the fun... 80+ car caravan!

Please, GTA and everyone else, dont take this as complaining... I bet very few people would have any "complaints" about the weekend!
Maybe complaining was the wrong word , all I'm saying is that knowing something of the major hurdles that came up , it's truly a miracle that it went off at all and we should be thankful for a wonderfully executed event . That said maybe instead of dwelling on what should have been done different , which I am sure the people responsible for planning are very well aware of , we should let them get on with the planning of the next one and look forward to another extraordinary event in the future , you know what they say about too many cooks spoil the soup . Now if someone wants to step up and volunteer to be the organizer of the next one , I'm sure Tran would give you an ear

Again Great Job Chris

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote