View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #32
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
UPDATE: Alex and team had the car for a little over a week while I was out of town. I have not talked with Alex long enough to get the gory details on what he did in terms of tune mods, but the EBC solenoid replacement fixed the EBC issue and it has smoothed out the application of boost and seems to be working properly.

Here is the before/after dyno graph:

Name:  Dyno1.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  110.5 KB

Any thoughts on some of the early variations between 2,000 to 3,200 RPM? And same above 4,600?

I picked up the car Sunday morning, so in the last 24 hours of driving, I can report that power is there and I am very impressed with the car's drivetrain in terms of pushing power to the wheels - I can disable traction control and persist a burnout all the way through 4th gear and have to fight very little to keep on a line.

The only thing that is still problematic is the high degree of trailer hitching at constant RPMs. This problem was greatly reduced with Alex's work in the last week, but still painfully present, to the extent that I spend most of my time clutching/coasting whenever possible to avoid attempting to maintain a constant speed. Gas mileage is pretty sick - under 8MPG - I was definitely hammering it a few times, and will try to see what Daily Driving conditions indicate, but seems like a huge drop. Not really concerned about MPG yet, more focused on the hitching issue - just thought it should be mentioned.

Idle seems to vary quite a bit. What I would consider "good" idle sounds great - low RPM (at around 400-600), loping, sounds mean. But, it fluctuates throughout the day and will bounce from the "good" idle to odd ranges like 900-1,500 for minutes at a time when sitting at a light. e.g. I will sit at a light and it will idle "good", then 10 minutes later sitting at another light it will idle at over 1,000 for the entire cycle of 1-2 minutes.

I am considering reaching out to one or more of the builders here with some logging to see if you can identify anything interesting/obvious. I am assuming I should provide logging in conditions while the trailer hitching is occurring, but anything else I should log? Anything specific in terms of what to log or is it simply "log everything"? I can log easily enough via the Torque app and my OBD2 bluetooth, and I assume it can log all the pertinent info...

Bottom line: Happy with the incredible power, and fun to drive aggressively, but painful to drive under normal DD.

Any feedback?