View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #209
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok first sorry for those on the West coast but we just wanted a vacation day and we drove THOR to St Pete and Clearwater, I have great pics to share but will have to wait till Sunday when we get home.

So today other than the 100 thumbs up and several dozen camera phones that we could see, we did have a few encounters to report.

First was the young woman in the new BMW (could tell by the temporary tag). She rolled down her Florida tinted window and mouthed "that is a beautiful car. I love that car".

Then later at the Pier we met a family from Norway. I know this because after hearing their Scandanavian accent I asked where they were from and they said, "Norway". They all had to sit in THOR, they apparently have a 1967 Camaro back home. But get this, they told me the tax in Norway for a big V8 like the Camaro would be $100,000. The guy said you would be shocked at the size of car you could get for THOR's sticker price. He held both arms out wide and said, "like this" and laughed.

And just a bit ago a BMW X6 passed us with a younger couple in it. They rolled down the window, honked the horn to get our attention and both gave us the most vigorous and enthusiastic thumbs up I have seen so far.

I truly wish you could experience this first hand. At times I am sad that you can't. You have committed your own money and worked hard for your Camaros. I am just a custodian in the process of getting the Camaro ready for you,

Forgive the typos, I am typing on my iPhone as Mrs. Number 3 drives us back to our hotel.