View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Why wait... just order w/o stripe and swap in the CF insert w/ gray stripe later...

I actually prefer to wait, but I might not have a choice as I made a spur of the moment decision on Saturday. Trying to see if my dealer can delay the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
My dealer ended up calling me late on Saturday in regards to my order with the B92 option. We discussed our options with this order since it was due to be pulled starting this past Thursday. Basically he convinced me to proceed with my order and later get the insert when it is available as a service part. He's going to only charge me what the upgrade cost is, $600, so I thought that was very fair. Now, I'm starting to question my decision and am wanting to go with my original plan of waiting for the second, and last, 2012 allocation for the dealership. Even though there are no guarantees that by the time that order gets pulled the B92 constraint will be resolved, I'd like to take my chances. Getting it factory delivered and on the build sheet is important to me, plus I'm in no rush to have my vehicle delivered in late Winter/early Spring.
And as I was typing up this post, I received a call from my sales manager. He was able to preference his stock order ahead of mine so I'm going to wait for his second allocation. I'm happy about that since I now avoid a delivery that may be during the tail end of a Chicago winter for a vehicle configured not exactly how I want. Worst case scenario is that the second allocation gets pulled later and the B92 constraint issue still isn't resolved and/or that the order gets pull very late in June and I have to wait for a late summer delivery. I'll take my chances.