View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Trifecta tune car runs better after flashing back to stock??

I had a trifecta tune during the summer at the same time I installed a V8 exhaust. It seemed like the engine ran louder and sounded like it was laboriing and in between gears all the time especially when I would maintain a constant speed going up a slight incline. I thought maybe it was my driving style and I never noticed it until I got the louder exhaust. After a few weeks I put my V6 exhaust back on and eventually redid the tune without the transmission part and still got the laboring sound. When I originally did the tune I sent my data log in to BNR and mentioned the laboring sound but got the "tune looks good" response. So I finally decided to flash back to stock a couple days ago and I swear the laboring sound is almost gone and the car seems just as peppy if not more now with the stock tune. The only engine mod I made after the tune was switching from the black ice-olator to the 25MM Mace insulator. Could this have caused that much of a difference in my engine performance to need a retune? Has anyone else noticed a worse performance with their initial trifecta tune and if so what did you do? I'm going to contact BNR directly, but figured I'd try here too.

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote