Thread: timing and iat
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #47
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO View Post
For sure...even on the street if you are logging you will see an instantaneous increase in IAT when you lift even slightly on the accelerator pedal. You can see on both logs at the beginning of the launch when the intake air velocity increases and the car starts to move in first gear, the iat starts to drop until the heat from the compressed blower air overcomes the initial effect of increased ambient air flow. Following the lift at the traps, the iats will continue to climb but only for a second or two and then the iat immediately starts dropping again as seen in the logs.
All my logging has been on the street immediately after driving around. I drive down the highway 2 miles, quickly slow down to about 15 mph, then roll it to the floor and hold it there till about 125 mph.

I also am running 12psi with only 1 Vortech race bypass. I ordered another one and a flange today. Ted suggested running 2 of them over 8 psi. Might help some with the heat soak from high IAT decel. Ill also try a run starting without a drive around and hard decel first.

I don't think want meth as I already spray a 100 shot wet. That cools the IAT I'm sure, but I want them to be pretty low off the spray.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote