View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
If you can afford the extra $$ the catback is the way to go. From what I've seen from personal experience and what I've read in the forum, to eliminate the V6 raspines completely you got to replace the resonator. In this, Magnaflow and Corsa do a pretty good job, but Magnaflow seems to have the deeper sound of the two.

I love driving with the windows down and the sunroof opened just to enjoy the sound
I finally have the sound to back up the looks

The other day I passed an SS and the driver looked king of puzzled, probably couldn't figure out why my V6 sounded better than his V8.
The raspiness is the nature of the V6, not the resonators... I think the reason you have less rasp is because you've "muffled" it... Hard to tell from your video clips, due to the wind noise.. but definitely sounds like your setup has a much more "muffled" sound than other systems... Doesn't have the louder, free flowing rev sound... I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just my observation and opinion....

So looking at the diagram... the H-pipe and resonators are replaced what appears to a 3rd muffler... I know it's not... but can't think of the proper name... but I think it definitely is going to quiet things down more than the resonators.

I don't know about the mufflers but they appear to be chambered and guessing probably going to be on the quieter side...

So like I've always said, exhaust sound preference is a very personal choice and if you like your system that's great! However, I think the real reason you have less rasp is because the exhaust is a less aggressive, quieter setup... best way I can describe it is "muffled"...

Think we need to line up all the different systems at Camaro FEST.. record them all with the SAME camcorder and measure them with the db meter from the same distance...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote