View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Tuning WOT on an LS3 with Knock

I have just gotten done recalibrating my MAF sensor for the RotoFab intake I have and also just installed my Kooks 1 7/8" headers. I have my AEM wideband installed and am tuning based on Lambda for E10 so I have Stoich AFR set at 14.137. I tuned the MAF in Open Loop and have the Lambda Error at +/-2% across the full range of the MAF Sensor. I did all the MAF tuning at Partial throttle never going over 4500 rpms since I had PE disabled. After all the partial throttle work, I put the new MAF mapping into my main tune, extrapolated out past 6000hz to extend the correction trend out into the WOT range and then did a single WOT run to try and see where I was at. The good news is, it looks like the MAF is +/-2% all the way through to redline but there are two things I need to address. The Commanded fuel is a flat line at 0.80 Lambda (11.31 AFR for E10) and I would like to get the car to command 0.85 so I have to richen up the PE Ratio but during the WOT run I noticed a lot of knock throughout the run. It started to knock a little bit at the beginning of the run, maybe 1 degree, and it pulled a bit of timing, then again 1.1 KR at 3700rpms and it pulled a few more degrees but then at 4600rpms the knock sensor read roughly 4 through the end of the pull.
So the question is, where do I go from here, I know I have to pull some fuel to get to 0.85 commanded lambda but if I pull fuel I am assuming it will knock even more. So is it best practice to get rid of the knock first or get the commanded lambda in line first.

Thanks in advance...

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote