View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
OK I may have a similar issue. My 2LT RS has 220 miles on it. 2 days ago I started noticing a sound which could be knocking, but it sounded more like a jake-brake just not as loud. It would happen usually when I let off the gas. I live on a military post so I never got over 30 mph. Yesterday we "went into town" and I got it up to 60mph. Around the 4000RPM mark it got real loud and noticable. After that it does it all the time most noticeable between 1500-200 RPM. The loud sound is in sync with the exhaust note ie-the knocking frequency happens at the same time the exhaust exits. It will be taken into the dealer tomorrow, but I'm kinda pissed. It only has 220 miles on it! I'm not sure what is causing this, but I do know it isn't a normal sound and shouldn't be there. I will try the "hit it with a rubber mallet test" the SS guys were having to do for loose baffles, but it shouldn't have affected my 2LT as it was built well after 09. I'm also not sure it sounds like loose baffles. I just know I'm baffled! LOL
It will also do this while in park/neutral as in not under load.
Any ideas? Something else engine wise I can check?
porkrind is offline   Reply With Quote