View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Drives: 2001 Yellow Ford Focus
I ride the fence on the issue. I'm the type of person who hopes for the best and prepares for the worst because it's better to be safe than sorry... I wanted the locking door because I kinda like the chrome doors I see people run around with, but I ultimately did not take it because I feel it would take away from the ebb and flow of the car itself. I live out in the country and I've seen PLENTY of people get salted/sugared, so I plan on investing in a locking gas cap (although my baby will go in the garage EVERY night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Not feelin' your pain, DJ ATOMIX. I personally don't understand the paranoia over a nonlocking cap. I believe chances are much higher you'll wreck the car long before a nonlocking gas cap becomes an issue. JMO
While I'd say that these statistics (being totally non-mathematical) would be a fair assumption. I would still feel safe without a locking gas cap, I just think that if you need the piece of mind, then by all means GET IT!

JMO...

jr_hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote