View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
y does everyone have a chub on for the 100k warranty, it's still limited to 5 years. 95% of the population does not put 100k on their vehicle in 5 years. your really just getting a 5 yr warranty on your power train. I've always disagreed with this marketing scam. i currently have 2 gm trucks both with the duramax diesel in it, which has had the 100k power train warranty since they came out. one of the trucks is an 02 bought in the fall of 01. it has 95k on it and has been out of warranty for many moons. it needs injectors (due to a faulty design by bosch) but is out of warranty so i have to pay the bill around $4k. if gm was truly confident in their product throw out the year limitation. idk what exactly is going to go bad from just age seals???? ok so dont warranty my leaking transfer case.
100,000 mile warranty sounds good, until you do the math. You're right, you'd have to average over 20,000 miles a year for the warranty to make sense. A warranty like Hyundai's 10 year/100,000 mile is a better value to the average consumer.

How many people do you think will put over 20,000 miles a year on their ZL1?
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote