Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Jordy's so smart.
Why thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...obs/56234378/1

It's space shuttle related. I read this in U.S.A. Today and found it interesting.
Whats sad is that it's true. So many people are unemployed at the Cape. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to lose a lot of productivity in this thread...
Like I said, when I get back from vacation, I really plan on filling this thread out with all sorts of space stuff.

That reminds me, Space Shuttle Enterprise's exhibit opens tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Not sure if it was because I was reading this thread last night, but I had a dream that I was on the shuttle going into space. It felt so real
You get use to the dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead View Post

The launch complex at Vandenberg AFB is still there, Space Lauch Complex 6 (SLC 6 pronounced slick 6). Not alot of people know that the shuttle was planned for Ca. They widened the roads, put guar:d shacks on rails so they can roll out of the way when they tow the shuttle across base. Story I got was complex was shut down in part due to contractor who built it fudged all the x-rays for the propellant lines and had to be cut apart, that and what you mentioned.

Always watched the shuttle land at Edwards AFB, that is until the brakes were upgraded to land back at the Cape. Always wanted to see it launch but never got the chance.

*Edit* Also west coast launch's are more for polar orbits
I wonder why they haven't modified the launch pad yet..

One thing that VAFB will always have, is the honor of being the first landing site of the Space Shuttle.