View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
OP, no Cold Air Inductions?

CAI, Roto, and VR are the three mentioned the most and for good reason. Their gains are consistent. The only drawl back for me with VR was tilting back the radiator. CAI and Roto both are sealed from the engine bay heat. I highly recommend an intake that has some form of seal to close off from the bay.

The cost seems "high", but the intake really comes alive and the bang for your buck really comes when you get a tune done... then add headers and exhaust and the intakes effectiveness is improved drastically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The last review that I found (on here somewhere), they were about equal (including the stock unit). The after market units simply "look" better. Power was equal, or at least close enough to not make a difference.
You read wrong...if this was the case then more than half of the members would not have intake systems. 10-14 hp gains on a stock engine without a tune is great for intake on a stock engine with no other mods. Something CAI, VR, ROTO, all do routinely and have proven in independent testing over stock.

What you may have read is that some webpages have a "GMPP performance intake" which is nothing more than a dress up kit for the exterior of the intake.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote