Thread: ZL1
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
What German company? The Germans hand us our "arse" in every road test. Porsche, Audi, BMW, and even Mercedes. Oh, wait. Not at Lemans. Haven't seen the ZL1 at Lemans. Wonder why? Oh, that's right, when it comes to racing.....Vettes take the titles.

A ZL1 is 63,000 average. Here in Texas, 70 all day. I can pick up a new 1ss for 33 well optioned. Better to me is better handling, better quarter, better horsepower, torque, and feel. Very possible with 30 grand. As for the bolt on guys, well that reminds me of the "stock" 5.0 going 11 on Youtube with 1 million views. Guy came out later and said it was tuned with an intake and drag slicks. Some people lie about their cars. The mags that test these cars all day are only recording 12.1 to 12.3. Someone lie about their car on Camaro5? Say it ain't so?

I think all ZL1s have that suspension verbage on cut and paste. Thrown up in every ZL1 conversation. Well, the GT500 records better lap times during every test. Just isn't scored high because of the brakes they use getting too hot. The GT500 doesn't use a magnetorheological suspension system so explain that? A live axle setup beating it? Must not be THAT good.
Dude your smoking crack !!! There was just a shootout a few months a go. The ZL1 came in 3rd, right behind a Lexus LFA. It ate the M6 and not just a little. Oh and the the Baron's car that you claim to be running "gears" for his sub 10sec run ... Ya he 's running gears, the STOCK ones. Also btw the Shelby does in fact beat the ZL1, only in a straight line and 1 or 2 hot laps on a road course, after that it fades.