View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I am asking, everyone, PLEASE, before you hit the "SUBMIT" button, RE-READ YOUR POST.

I, and I'll assume the other Mods., and Admins., as well, are tired of spending way too much time editing posts, checking for language, etc.! Instead of posting useful new information, engaging in knowledgeable and informative discussions, our time is spent policing.

PLEASE do not get me wrong! That IS the responsibility of being a Mod./Admin., and I welcome the responsibility. But the language, lack of respect, hostility, and lack of maturity by some, is getting way out of hand.

This site, as stated earlier, is a great site, one I take much pride in. You all should as well.

PLEASE! Show that pride by being respectful, using the proper language, etc.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Seriously....

7 PM's when I get home....and another 10 or so reported posts...(not to mention my regular emails I need to check)

I answer every pm everyday...at least I try...and that takes time.

Then, I go to the reported posts....and try to do what's best. Usually, and this is because I get on the puter a little later than the other mods, the reported posts have been taken care of. But sometimes they have not been. 45 min to an hour later, after re-reading the back and forth, a decision is made and the post/thread taken care of...or no action is taken at all...or, a pm is sent...etc. This takes time.

I LOVE being a mod...as does Moose and the others...

But this drama has to stop! The bickering....name calling....I mean....geesh.....

Let's do our best to be nice!...as I'd love to just be able to sit down and READ stuff and watch new videos....

I'd like to remind everyone here that we can discuss just about anything here. The reason we could go into some very "hot topics" are because we are respectful of other peoples opinions and stances. Agree to disagree and move on, basically. It's rather simple. The majority of the topics that cause recent problems have not been the topics themselves...but rather the way in which people go about discussing them. The message is not in and of itself a bad message....it's how the message is conveyed to the reader.

Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT.

C'mon folks...let's have some respect for ALL people here and enjoy what's this site is all about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
"Be careful of what you say. Be careful of HOW YOU SAY IT."

^^^^^^^^This is what needs to be stressed...

People we are loosing our patience fast when it comes to typing and submitting before you think it through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
In line with what everyone else has said here.

The other point we'd like to emphasise is "the answer".

We went through this with Hood stripes, headlights, and ABL. We understand that until GM or Scott give us that answer as to why it is the way it is, (the panic de jour as he calls them) the conversation/speculation will continue. But, once we have the answer we need to let that conversation die. Not to say that we need to agree with it but just accept it. The after-answer arm chair quarterbacking is as much of a huge contributor to the ongoing flame session as disrespectful posts are. No one likes to be second guessed. We all make the best decisions at the time. The fact that those decisions have been shared with us is a huge gift from GM. My take is we should be thankful for the insight. Again you don't have to always agree and we are more than willing to let you discuss it. But, once the conversation is exhausted, it's time to move on.

And like Killer said, we all, admins and mods, are getting sick of it.

Thanks very much, everyone, for hearing us out.

Please stand by, for a message from Scott later today.

on everything posted. It isn't easy, and I can see that most of these posts are because of enthusiasm and passion, and I can appreciate it. I think we always try to look at it that way, but it's hard sometimes when there are inappropriate things posted. We can all be better, so let's remember to strive for that.

JMVHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote