View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
I have also thought about this. But I have to admit, I though chrome would be more scratch resistant than he paint . I'm not sure what that isn't the case. And not offering to do the nuts is BS in my opinion. But, that said, I've been looking for a while now to find a teflon lined 22mm impact socket and all I can find is 21mm

Where are they located Mat?
Hey Scott, I have been chasing this idea for over a year. I think black chrome, real or this which they refer to as Permachrome (PVD) are going to be hard to look after scratch wise.

U.S. Wheel Exchange
30120 John R
Madison Heights, Michigan 48071
Phone: 1-888-737-6224
Fax: 1-248-373-1302

Another place that offers the Camaro wheels in black chrome is http://www.camarochrome.com/CAMARO-2...ME-WHEEL-.html but theirs are done on an exchange program as well and I wanted to keep my original wheels. I haven't ask them whether they offer theirs for straight out purchase, you could give Daniel or Mike a call at (615)431 2294 and ask.

I tried the "go it alone" route but most companies that do electroplating here in Canada either didn't do black chrome or were too big to bother with a one off set of wheels. I did however have an e-mail conversation with Dan Pitz at Kuntz Electroplating Inc. they are a Canadian company located in Kitchener. He said they might be able to help me and recommended a plating they have referred to as Midnight Chrome. The price he quoted back in Dec/Jan was $250 a wheel which seemed pretty reasonable with a 3 week turn around time. He was suppose to send me some pictures of the midnight chrome but I never heard anything more from him and I never followed up as I didn't have a second set of rims to give him anyway.

As far as the wheel nuts go, I did find a set of black chrome on-line made by Gorilla that fit the Camaro, Acorn Bulge, Closed End, Black Chrome, 4PK, 12mm x 1.5 http://www.thunderracing.com/shop-by...d-Wheel-Locks/

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.

Last edited by Matster; 09-05-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote