View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
spacecowby

Drives: 2010 black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
You'll have a hell of a time putting that scoop on if you dont raise the car and remove the driver side wheel.
It actually wasn't that bad. I read that you needed to turn the wheels all the way to the right but that didn't work out. I cranked them all the way to the left which was enough for me to take out the torq screws and two plastic push pins. With that done I popped the wheel liner out a little and taped it to my tire. I didn't have alot of room to work with but it was enough. Got the washer bottle off easy enough and the plastic cut. Like I had read before I put the horn bolt in backwards which made it fairly easy to put in. But that big bolt was a pain. I did end up jacking the car up enough for me to slide under the front end so I could look at was what going on with the bolt. Got it all done within about 3 hours. Haven't had a chance to really "test" it out but I would imagine going from a K&N to a CAI with scoop will be quite a change. But still can't get the CAI lid into the fender like it's supposed to be.

Black cars are not hobbies, they are an obsession
spacecowby is offline   Reply With Quote