View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
I had the exact same issue but I found out it wasnt outside at all it was inside!!! My A/C fan, when off (of course everything was off because I was listening) would spin freely and make the same noise. Say like take a coffee can, turn it on its side, throw a few pieces of rice in it and roll it across the floor... Took it to the dealer and they replaced my A/C compressor and fan... noise is no more. It did increase with acceleration as somehow air was pushing through the cabin filter backwards to the fan and spinning it slowly? Idk, all I know is that its gone. Listen for the sound then turn on your blower motor and see if it goes away...
Hmmm... I will def have to look into that tomorrow. For some reason the noise is barely audible as the temp go up but it's definitely still there. I'm definitely making plans to go with different brand. I can't deal with this noise. I heard you can get rid of the noise by wrapping the header too, but it might not be good for the header's health, but I would do anything just to get rid of the darn noise before going back to factory header. I don't even want to think about working on these headers again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
i have that issue with mine bmore. In maryland with a new car you get 5 years before the first one so we should be good for a while lol. ive had mine for just over 2 now so im not too worried.
is it 5 years for new cars?? I thought it was 2
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote