View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #168
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Quoting White_SS/RS here, I'm also very skeptical of cutting the crash beam. Use one big core or two smaller, your choice, but I'd put it as close to A/C condenser as possible, without cutting anything.

We should also discuss the conditions (track type), power levels, ambient temps, and also the average RPMs when comparing results. If you're not using the whole motor (shifting before redline, coasting to break zones, etc.), then the results might get misleading, at least in comparison with others'.
I would tend to agree but not based upon anything more than looking at the design of the front fascia, the shock absorbing material, and the crush bar. I suppose if you cut away all of that it would help but without the benefits of a wind tunnel to see what the air is doing you are really guessing. I'm keeping mine in the lower grill, close to the a/c condenser, and going to fab up some aluminum sheet to funnel the air into this area and minimize places to bleed air around and create turbulence. This is probably ways away for me but that is the direction headed based upon everything I've seen thus far.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote