View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #22
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I installed the ADM Scoop on my '14 today.

Initial thoughts (some of these will be easier to understand after you look at the pictures):

- It fits perfectly, but requires much more work to customize the fit

- The plastic piece in which you cut a window for the scoop on the '10-'13 (you've all seen the pictures) is much shorter on the '14, which means you can't just cut out a rectangular piece and insert the scoop. Instead, you have to cut off the plastic piece altogether...the scoop replaces that plastic piece. When installed, the bottom of the scoop is level with the bottom of the plastic.

- I started working through the wheel well (with wheel and lining removed) as instructed for the '10-'13 models, but wanted better access to get the right fit, so I removed the front fascia. I cut the plastic at an angle, to accommodate the angle of the scoop.

- It took me several rounds of (1) attaching the scoop, (2) checking the fit, (3) trimming off more plastic, before I got the best fit.

- Now that it's in, it looks perfect from the front (with fascia on).

- This was a lot of work (especially not knowing what I would face before starting), but was well worth it IMO.

Here are the pictures. I took pictures from multiple angles so you can see what I did. Since I didn't have a "before" picture from the front, I included a picture of the other side so you can see what it looked like before I cut it off.
Attached Images

Last edited by AG1LE; 01-26-2014 at 08:36 PM.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote