View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I'm curious on the tires, are you actually driving them on the street? I thought they were too soft for a dual use setup. My car is used the same way, sunday driver and as many track days as I can do but I may drive from VA to NY on a weekend once or twice a year. I was probably going to go with nitto invo's since they seem like the best compromise on traction and longevity for a dual use vehicle. I'm too poor to have 2 sets of wheels/tires and will probably be getting a 20" 10 and 11" setup sometime this winter.

My engine and suspension setup is very similar with only some different brands here and there. Brakes are stock with better pads/fluid since I run shorter courses near me that focus on handling and not a lot of high speed straights.
I run these tires everyday and it is a daily driver. They don't last very long however with the track events and the way I drive. They are a far better tire that the Nitto Invo and you'd probably have no issues with what you're doing with your car. That is the combination I run on my Camaro as well.

The brakes made a difference on the short technical tracks I run and of course they made a larger difference on the 150+ MPH braking zones. I'm very pleased with my car at the moment and now I just need more power! I'm building a 416ci LS3 for it now and I'm looking for 550 RWHP reliably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
I'd like a price on the 6piston brakes for the front. I would eventually like to upgrade my camaro 4pistons I have now.
We have them listed on our website under JDP Products and we have a thread HERE. I can't post that info in this thread however but you're welcome to PM me anytime with questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
Do you have any more pics of the Holley valve covers? I'm really really liking that alternative to the billet aluminum $600 ones. How do you like them?
I do and they are great! They are offered in Black, Silver and Polished. We've done the Black and Silver about 50/50 and the Polished are a PITB to keep clean. Here are a few pictures. We also installed our fuel line and heater hose package and cleaned up the wiring on both cars pictured below.

Silver

Silver

I have more pictures but I am really happy with them. We offer them with new GM gaskets at a great price; please call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

I appreciate the interest in our build and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote