View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Yellow top is good for deep cycle use like draining to a low voltage before recharge. Red top is better for high current where you use a lot of amperage but keep it charged all the time without draining the voltage. I bought a red top at Autozone i 2008. It went bat 3 years later + 10 days. Autozone replaced it no questions asked, even though warranty was expired.

I have around 2800 wats on my system and haven't had any issues. Not even dimming lights with it LOUD for an hour. You will be fine in the 700 watt range with the stock battery. I'm waiting untill I detect a problem with the stock battery, which is over 3 years old now and still working fine. Then i will probably go with Kinetik for the higher amperage.

A big key is using the right size cable to supply power (and ground) to your amp. Too big is a lot better than too small. Too small creates resistance and heat that is not good for any part of the system including the power supply.