View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
I've witnessed the Night Fury in action and it sounds amazing. I've witnessed it doing work on a stingy Mustang Dyno at Straightline while Nick was tuning Camper's SS. It was laying down some good azz numbers and the driveabity is pretty good according to him. With an NA build this is the way it should go, because I believe in doing it once and doing it right.
I don't know your budget so I'm just writing blind.

1) intake if you are a 2010/11 get a vararam tune model if not get a Haltech or rotofab.
2) headers from the one end Kooks 1 7/8's or 2"(I have and prefer them) the other side TSP 1 7/8 or 2" although they are on back order.
3) heads (this is where MOST of the power will be made) there are 3 ways.

A) A set of MAST Ls3 heads that will get you over 500 easily combined with a bump in compression, this is the high end.

B) A you can send your heads to WCCH for their cnc'ing magic and also a bump in compression. I'd Call Lethal and see what the MAX MILLING for the heads to achieve an 11.5 compression ratio, this helps with the tuning also. Yes it will still be pump gas friendly on 91/92/93. I'm at 12-1 on my 416 and I use pump gas, you'll be fine.

C) just keep the stock heads.

4) You'll need supporting mods and these to ME are a MUST.
A) C5r timing chain from katech
B) Melling 10296 oil pump
C) Ls2 timing chain dampner to replace the POS chain tensioner.
D) Brian Tooley platinum springs, they have had a "0" failure rate! Yes that's right.
E) A set of chromoly pushrods (the size will be determined of you go stock heads or you mill or you go aftermarket heads.

The rest is optional and will depend on the budget and route you take.
F) if the heads come off I recommend the Brian Tooley lifters they are called SLR for slow leakdown rate and helps control the valves.

G) As much ARP hardware as possible ESPECIALLY the head bolt simply because you can reuse them over and over and over again. GM are torque to yield and are only used once.

H) A FAST intake especially if you go with a MAST, if not an Ls3 will do for now but if possible get it along with a 102 TB if not forget it lol.

I'm sure more will chime in but that's the way I'd go.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote