View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
CAI disappointment

I have been disappointed with the fact that my Hennessey CAI did not come with a shield (my mistake I guess). To add the shield would be another $100 for a total of $505.00. After reading all the posts about heat soak and plastic versus metal, I have decided to change this kit out. Well today I stopped by MTI racing in Marietta Ga. and oh my god! I actually had chills when they started up their supercharged 2SS for me. The things they are doing there are amazing and if you think your car is awesome, you really owe it to yourself to check out a modified car. They also had another 2SS there with cam, CAI, headers, and catback work. Simply awesome. The cold air kit they sell is plastic, fits better, has an actual box (not shield) that looks like it seals the hood perfectly for less than my Hennessey without the shield. When you touch the plastic on a running engine, it's just slightly warm compared to my CAI which I couldn't even touch after the six mile drive there.
I learned a big lessson that shiny things aren't always best! If you call MTI, ask for Jason. they are all a bunch of great guys there and are very knowledgeable.
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote