View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocx View Post
I tried the fuse pull, didn't help as already stated...worth the try at this point.

Issues noticed:
-Idle RPM seems to hover around 600-700 RPM's.

-RPM's at 50-60mph are around 1200 rpm's where before they were around 1800-2000. I have to give the car more gas on the pedal to maintain a constant cruising speed. Hard to describe but it seems like I have to give it more gas to maintain the same cruising speed. When I give it a little more gas to maintain speed on a hill for example, it not downshifts instead of before it would stay in the same gear. It kind of bogs down before it shifts. The gas pedal is not the same "shifting point".

-Won't break loose from completely stopped. It's like it lost all 1st gear acceleration.

-1st gear ratios are decreased significantly. Before if I was in 1st gear and didn't shift I would get to maybe 15mph. Now I can use 1st all the way up 30mph before shifting.

Sounds like you could be spot on?
Are you manual or auto? In an auto, at 70mph cruising in 6th, the rpms should be just a hair under 2,000 rpm. at 50mph, not sure, but if it is really only 1,200 or 1,300 at 60, you have an issue.

Please explain your issue with first gear. In an auto equipped car, under light to medium throttle, the car will shift to 2nd somewhere around 10 - 12 mph. If you floor it, it should hold 1st until somewhere into the 30+mph range. This is normal. If you are saying it never shifts until you are 30+mph...again you have a problem!

If the car is a manual, and you are saying even under full throttle (before the work was done) you couldn't get past 15 mph, well than that WAS a problem.

So which is it?

If what I said in the first two paragraphs describes your car as it is now....please take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it. It is not right!