Thread: Clanking noise
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timna View Post
I took the car to the dealer for them to look at this noise. They are telling me it's normal and because of the "heavy duty parts"

It usually makes the sound when going 10mph or less in 1st or 2nd gear or when I shift quickly into any gear. It is pretty loud I can hear it over the radio, and the sound is similar to banging a couple wrenches together. It doesn't make the noise all the time which is odd, maybe 1 out of 10 take starts it will make it. Then when I think it's my imagination it will make it shifting into 4th.. I just want to see if I should believe the dealer or take back?

I tried to jack the car up to check it myself but my floor jack sits to high lol.. So I will have to wait till the weekend to check it out.

Thanks
Timna,

Sincere apologies to hear about your vehicle concerns. Any frustration this creates is certainly understandable. While you're seeking community opinions and responses, I wanted to extend an offer of assistance if needed. Please message us privately for additional assistance in this case and I'd be more than willing to exhaust my options to potentially assist you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote