View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #139
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
How about 89 BBM 350 tpi, ttop and sticker delete from factory? Ordered from GM and picked it up June 2, 1989. Other then the tiny crack in the drivers dash corner from a knee job and the cig burn in the pass seat I think she looks pretty good for 20 years old! I do agree that the 3rd gens are considered "white trash" and dont commend much respect among the masses but damn I love it!

I agree about the 4th gens, low respect level, mostly due to the fact that it's known as the quintessential "white trash" cars. However yours looks sweet, I like it even better than the new Camaro in that pic!

I had an '88 Firebird years ago, I bought it for $300. Beat to hell, literally falling apart, I drove it countless miles for over a year, that thing leaked so much oil it literally ran without ANY, and it NEVER died on me, just ran and ran.

I've always loved the idea of a super cheap, dependable, V8 muscle car, used to be the Fox Body I lusted over in that regard, now, although I never really loved the styling too much, I'm kind of thinking of getting a 4th gen LS1. However, I'd be looking to spend $5-$7K, don't care about the appearance as much I do the running order. In that price range, they're gonna be falling apart, so unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna wanna go through with my search.

P.S, some of these 4th gens you guys are posting look ridiculous, VERY nice.

BTW, I gotta say, I hate T-Tops and am SO glad they aren't on the new Camaro. Enthusiasts will obviously tend to them, but the masses see them as an ancient trend, i.e a mullet drop top . Definitely helps the 5th Gen that it did away with them.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

K-A is offline   Reply With Quote