View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Craig,

I've got the "60 lb" injectors that came with the TVS2300 and I have twin 342 Walbros intank. I logged a run this morning and right when my car was hitting redline (6600 rpms) my injector duty cycle was 90%. If I go down a couple of pulley sizes will my injectors stay close to 90% or will it push them over the edge? I've got plenty of fuel volume and pressure potential but I'm running the stock -6 line from the regulator to the fuel rail.

Thank you.
When you say if you go down a couple sizes ,I have no idea how much boost that adds or the horsepower level gain you get, so its hard for me to answer that. At this point you should be alright with the 6 line ,but what we do is we monitor the fuel pressure with a electronic fuel pressure sensor that gets logged with all of our sensors, this way if the pressure drops at all during a pass we can tell its in the fuel delivery or if the injectors are to small or if we need to increase fuel pressure . For example. our base pressure is 75lbs and with every lb. of boost it will add 1 lb of fuel pressure , so if we are making 32lbs of boost going down the track we will have 107lbs of fuel pressure. We are using 16- 550lbhr Moran injectors. There at about 75% duty cycle.
Xtreme Innovations & Fab is offline   Reply With Quote