View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #21
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
OK, Again, I forgot about this last night (they say that's the 2nd thing to go y'know) but remembered on my way to work this morning. So in the parking lot, I popped the hood and removed the air filter cover as discussed before. There were no FOREIGN objects in there, even after romoving the filter. I did find the wireing harness that Hylton described before but the tie wrap was secure and practically out of sight, however, there was a section of wire harness that had what looked like to be an excessive amount of black electrical tape wound around it near the top of the filter housing and a fairly large piece of it had come loose and was just hanging there. I would say a good inch and a half was dangling. I suspect that could easily make enough noise to travel through the ducts and into the cabin for your listening enjoyment. Unfortunately, I did not have any tape on me so I could not re-secure it but it was still sticky enough that I did give it one more good wrap. I won't know if it made a difference until I go home for lunch in 4 hours so you'll have to check back in to see if this did it. Once I get home, I'm either going to cut that piece off or slap some fresh tape around that section to make sure it does not come loose again.