View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #13
spd98

Drives: had a goat
You need to just practice. to do a burnout rev it up to about 4.5k or so in first (no traction control) and basically dump the clutch or let it out quickly. Once the tires are spinning you need to put your left foot on the brake lightly to keep the car from moving forward while maintaining your RPM's around 4k or so with the throttle.

To launch there are many methods. The best way is to rev it up to 4k or so and then begin letting the clutch out. The trick is letting the clutch out slowly enough that you don't bog the motor but fast enough that you come off the line hard. I could easily pull 1.6x 60's in my GTO with Dr's doing this.
When you feel the weight shift torwards the rear of the car you can let the clutch out rather quickly with little or no spin. It really takes a lot of practice and every time you go to the track it will be a little different due to changes in conditions. The trick is finding the sweet spot!

Just practice over and over and whatever you do don't run slicks on a IRS car unless you have a lot of experience. I suspect we will see about 15 video's of people crossing the center line and hitting walls at strips this year on slicks. Lane walkis a real demon on IRS cars.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote