Thread: Car Covers
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
What causes the scratches? Is the inside abrasive? I would think they'd be lined with some sort of soft cotton. This is disappointing. I just love the thought of it sitting in my garage with that cover and the stripes just making people want to see whats underneath. It's almost like seeing a beautiful woman in lingerie! You know what I'm talking about! lol

Also, I have two little ones and I can just see it getting rubbed on or a ball bouncing off of it or something. I really don't want to have to have DHS called on me because of the Camaro!
The inside is soft but what causes the scratches is dust. Dust does and will get under the cover. A little updraft or difference in pressure and the natural dust in the air or the dust on the ground will be blown under and in the cover, just like how dust still gets on furniture that's been covered and put in storage.

As for the little ones, a cover won't prevent most of the damage they will do and can possibly do more harm then good if they rub on a place where some dust got into.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote