View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
The Chevy dealer and Ford dealer that are nearest to me seem to be very customer oriented. When I stop in either one I'm usually wearing worn jeans with a rip in one knee. I'm always approached within a couple of minutes and asked if I need any help, and when I say I'm "just looking around" they tell me I should just ask when I need anything and then they step away. They're there if you need them, but they're not hovering over you waiting to pounce. Yes, they are friendly and helpful, whether you are just looking or if you are ready to make a purchase.

But the Ford dealer charges over sticker for GT500s and Boss 302s and the Chevy dealer charges over sticker for his ZL1s. They have no quams about adding another sheet alongside the factory widow sticker showing "market value adjustment" of $5K (or more). The Ford dealer did this on GT500s in previous years, but didn't need to print up a ADM (additional dealer markup) sheet on the 2013s because he pre-sold all three of his allotted '13 GT500s and his only '13 Boss 302 each for $5K over sticker. The nearest Chevy dealer likes to order his ZL1s for stock and add the market value adjustment sheet when the car is in his showroom. The sales manager says it helps sell LT and SS Camaros when people come in to look at the ZL1 in the showroom. They're content to have other Chevy dealers get the minimal profit from customers looking to pay invoice or below, when sooner or later they get a customer who will pay what they are asking because they have it available on the spot and the customer just has to have it.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote